January 2, 2014

The Desolation of "SMUT" at the New Hobbit Movie



On new years eve - also the eve of the feast day of "The solemnity of Mary" -  I saw the newest Hobbit movie. I went with my bff's twin girls, their dad and my husband. The twins are 15 years old. I've known them since the day they were born. Being big "Lord of the Rings" fans, we were excited to go see the new movie together. My husband and I usually rent movies (I don't like to view the secular poison darts flying off the big screen these days.) This was my first "movie theater" movie in about 3 years.

The theater wasn't crowded - a few little boys, an elderly couple, a few families. Sitting in the theater "pre" previews - the room darkened and the commercials began to run.

"BOOBIES!!!!" an ear shattering voice shouted from the speakers. Images of scantily clad females flooded the big screen. One lay down on a bar and put a shot glass on her chest while a young male began to do something totally inappropriate. What? I couldn't believe my eyes! My blood BOILED.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" I shouted, jumping up. "This is SO inappropriate!!" I looked at the girls. They were giggling & watching the screen - not good! Everybody else stared straight ahead - mesmerized, being brainwashed.  "Excuse me PLEASE!" I climbed over my husband, out the door and to the snack counter. "May I see a manager?" With a polite "sure" and a grin, the cashier went off to get him.

What appeared to be an 18 year old kid approached me. "Yeah?" he artfully said. I took a deep breath. "Do you have a different preview to air? A REALLY inappropriate commercial along the lines of 'girls gone wild' is on - it's disgraceful. I'm with a couple of teenage girls and honestly, I don't want to see it either!" He thought for a second. "I'll just shut it down until the movie begins." He was as good as his word - a few seconds later the screen went dark.

Out of all the people in that theater only ONE  found it outrageous that we were exposed to such vulgarity! It boggles my mind how desensitized this culture is. I began to speak quietly to the girls. I told them of the need to speak out. I explained why we were exposed to media that poisons the mind and soul - because while the wrong squeaky wheels were loudly complaining about the wrong things - we remained silent. "We cannot remain silent any longer, we must speak up for what is right and good" I advised.



We must speak up - each in our own way - for what is right and good - and Godly. If not us - then who? If not YOU - then who? We are on the front lines of a spiritual battle. When the enemy fires his poison darts - meant for the ruination of souls -  we must put on the armor and fight. I promise I have your back - you're covered in prayer! (Drop me a line on twitter anytime!)

As we continue to fight the good fight let's remember these words from Scripture:
If God is for us, who can be against us? See you on the front lines!
Oh, and the movie? It was GREAT!!
Post a Comment