December 27, 2012

CATHOLIC WOMEN: WOULD YOU WEAR A MANTILLA TO MASS?

I've been tossing around the idea for quite some time now. 
A veil/mantilla is so lovely and reverent, I wish we never stopped wearing them. When I was a little girl sometimes my grandmother used to "bobby pin" a tissue to my head, or a scrap of lace. Even then (circa 1968-69) veils were phasing out.

My feeling is that I would love to bring back this tradition - to express reverence. The veils of today are so pretty, they come in all colors and lengths. However, I'm worried that it would be too much of a distraction - since it is not the norm. The last thing I want to do is to draw attention to myself and distract others from Jesus. 

Perhaps we could start a movement where we all begin wearing them again. What is your opinion?
Post a Comment