November 7, 2012

The Nation that Booed God



Yesterday the majority of America chose to re-elect an administration that booed God (as seen in the demoncratic convention.) This encompasses a wide range of intrinsic evils including the radical promotion of abortion, sterilization and same sex "marriage." These moral non-negotiables are perpetuated by an administration that seeks - and thus far has been successful - to restrict religious freedom, trample on the Constitution and parade sin and death as "choice" and "freedom."

 From the Book of Wisdom 3:10-13

"But the ungodly will be punished as their reasoning deserves, who disregarded the righteous man and rebelled against the Lord; for whoever despises wisdom and instruction is miserable. Their hope is in vain, their labors are unprofitable and their works are useless. Their wives are foolish and their children evil; their offspring accursed." 

The wages of sin are death. As unpopular as this truth is - moral relativism does not negate it. Many of us use our freewill gift to choose sin and spiritual death - not only in this election but daily. I believe that most people aren't even aware that they are making this choice. I am a work in progress and I make my share of mistakes - but I do pray - and I know when God speaks to my heart. If only all of mankind would turn to Him - speaking to Him in prayer - they could experience His Love and His Guidance - and all the joy that comes with it.


Salvation of Souls

The only thing that matters now - the only thing that ever mattered - is the salvation of souls. Continue to fight the good fight! We must continue to be lights in this ever increasing darkness by our words, deeds and actions. We must be doers of the Word and not just hearers, living out the Gospel with the purpose of redemption.


Salt and Light

And so now more than ever we are called to be salt and light. Continue to pray without ceasing and receive the Sacraments often. Utilize sacramentals - especially holy water which the enemy hates. Say the Name of Jesus often - for at the Holy Name demons tremble and blessings are poured forth. I just had this conversation with a friend last night and this morning I was thrilled by God's awesomeness when I saw today's reading. The Holy Spirit never ceases to amaze me! From the letter of Saint Paul to the Philippians:


 "Therefore my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for God is at work in you, both to will and to work for good pleasure. Do all things without grumbling or questioning, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I dd not run in vain or labor in vain." 
Philippians 3:12-17

 Our labors were not and are not in vain and we must continue forward - in the true sense of the word. Keep up the good fight and let us work to snatch souls from the grasp of the enemy! Lastly do not despair but remember: Jesus Christ our Hope prevails yesterday, today and forever - and God brings good to all those who love Him!


Jesus, I Trust in You!





Post a Comment