October 17, 2012

WHY SECULARISM IS THE PATH TO HELL.

Answer: Because the goal is to achieve salvation & inherit eternal life and the ONLY way to get there is through Jesus Christ.  Not long ago Cardinal Wuerl said that a "tsunami of secular influence has swept across the cultural landscape." Hear Hear!

The secular notion that we should keep Faith "in a box for Sunday"  contrasts with the teachings of Jesus Christ and His Church.

  THE SCRIPTURES
"If we live by the Spirit (Gal 5:25), we will be led by the Spirit (Gal 5:18). We will then walk in the Spirit (Gal 5:25), Who will produce in our lives the fruit of the Spirit (Gal 5:22-23). However, if we stifle (1Thes 5:19) or sadden the Spirit (Eph 4:30), we will do the works of the flesh (see Gal 5:19-21.)"
When we "walk the walk" in our daily lives we surely do encounter hostility from secularists. We hear it in the workplace, "leave your Faith at home!" We hear it when we speak of politics, "Leave your Faith out of this!" Secularists deny God - and they want us to do the same.  NO! We cannot and we WILL not. Our Blessed Lord instructs us to boldly proclaim the Truth in everything we do. We are either FOR Him or we are against Him. Weren't most of us secular at one time? I'm thankful that someone had the courage to walk in the Spirit and plant the seeds of Faith in my own life.

 

Goal: Salvation!

A Christian who keeps their Faith in a box is an antithesis and cannot "bear the fruits of the Spirit." Let us ask God for the grace to walk BOLDLY in Faith - not only for ourselves but to help lead others to the path of salvation! Don't let the enemy gain their soul - or your own. BE BOLD. Here's a small example: I watch very little secular media. I seek out Christian entertainment because I won't entertain myself with anything that is offensive to God. When asked to watch a movie, I answer honestly. THUSLY I've received more than my share of derogatory comments, eye rolls etc. - but I don't care! I know I am blessed with each eye roll and every negative comment. I realize that inner purity and being a Christian role model are the bigger issues here.

As followers of Christ we are all called to be "doers of the word and not just hearers." The narrow path provides lasting joy! When we "walk the walk" we are living proclamations of His Word to all we meet - and God's Word never fails to bear fruit - Never.


Jesus, I Trust In You
Post a Comment