October 3, 2012

How to plead the Precious Blood of Jesus Christ


VICTORIOUS


Several months ago I visited a friend at her home while she was recuperating from surgery. She brought up the subject of "pleading the Blood," and asked me if I ever prayed this way. This was something new to me. I knew there was great power in the Blood of Jesus Christ, but I never heard it put this way before. Sometimes I asked God to let a few drops of the Precious Blood of Christ fall upon my husband's heart, or my own, etc. But my friend recommended that I actually "plead the blood of Christ" when I pray. "Plead it over everything!" she stated emphatically. She told me to plead the Blood on myself, my husband, our loved ones, our homes, vehicles, relationships, health, jobs, finances, etc.

Not long afterwards another friend mentioned praying in this way! She also had been pleading the Blood - on everything. She then gave me a great gift: a cd detailing how to plead the Precious Blood - by Father Anthony Ozele.

It's really nothing new, when you think about it. Most of us know this prayer: "Eternal Father, I offer You the Most Precious Blood of Jesus Christ in atonement for my sins, and in supplication for the holy souls in Purgatory and for the needs of Holy Church" and the prayer of St. Faustina, "O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a Fount of Mercy for us, I trust in You."

The really beautiful thing is that The Blood of Christ has already defeated the enemy!! The evil one cannot stand against the victorious Blood of Christ, so anything you cover in the Precious Blood is protected! I have since learned that there is great power in pleading the Blood. This is one of the most powerful and effective ways I have ever prayed. 


 POWERFUL PRAYER

I offer one simple example from my own experience: my husband and I have been plagued by a neighbor's garbage being blown onto our property. After all the hard work we put into gardening, cutting the grass, etc. - it was very annoying. On the cd Father Ozele said to "walk along your property line and plead the Blood," and I did it. I wasn't thinking about our problem - only about protecting our property. I walked the property line in the back, front, and sides - praying and pleading the Blood of Jesus Christ as I walked. 

The following week I began to notice something - the garbage problem was no longer occurring, day after day . . . after day. Then, it hit me: I had covered the property in the Precious Blood!! I was SO excited I could hardly contain myself. "Honey! I pleaded the Blood on the property and look!!! No more garbage!!!" My husband looked at me as if I was nuts, but I KNEW that was why.

Since then I have been pleading the Precious Blood of Jesus Christ over everything and everyone - and God has been answering my prayers. Father Ozele points out that you must be careful with this form of prayer. Pleading the Blood is powerful. It is so powerful that since the enemy cannot attack you in those areas, he will work around them by attacking you in any other areas you have NOT covered in the Precious Blood. So you must be diligent.  

When you are praying for a loved one you must cover EVERYTHING in the Blood. I'll use my husband as an example.This is my prayer: "I Plead the Precious Blood of Jesus Christ on my husband's heart, mind, body, spirit and his eternal soul. I plead the Blood over his vehicle and any road it travels. I plead the blood over his coworkers and over any space he occupies today. I plead the Precious Blood over the Sacrament of our marriage, and I plead the Blood over any and all spirits that are not of You Lord, over any demonic spirits that may come against him or wish to do him harm." 

When I pray over our home: "I plead the Precious Blood over the roof, the windows and every room within." Be thorough.When I am finished pleading the Blood I seal it with the Lord's prayer and a Hail Mary. Father Ozele stresses  the importance of doing this.

Important: Father makes one exception in not pleading the Blood over everything! If you are praying for somebody whom you don't know very well, he points out that you do not know the state of their heart. Even if you think you may know them . . . you do not know their heart. He says that in these cases it is important to start slowly by offering their heart to the Lord and pleading the Blood on their heart ONLY - then slowly progressing over time to plead the Blood over their body, mind, etc. I don't recall the reason for this but I have followed his instruction and prayed in this way.

I have not been able to find this cd/talk anywhere online, although there are other talks online by Father Ozele: Father Anthony Ozele on YouTube

What is more powerful . . . what is a greater gift than the Precious Blood of our Lord shed for us and for our sins? The demons cannot stand up to it and I highly recommend this form of prayer.

 May God bless every eye that reads this!

Your sister in Christ,
Deb

 Jesus, I Trust in YOU!

Photo credits: Photobucket